Gå til innhold

5 øvelser du ALDRI må gjøre

Raptorial

Anbefalte innlegg

Det hersker mye kontrovers rundt såkalt "styrketrening", og såkalte "personlige" trenere har i lang tid pushet deres egne ideer på hvordan vi atleter skal trene.

For å fjerne all tvil inkluderer jeg her den endelige fasit på hvilke øvelser vi for all del må unngå, alle andre øvelser er fritt frem.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/sportsdoc/5-moves-you-should-avoid-at-the-gym.html

Ja, jeg vet at dette også er kjent stoff for en del av dere andre her... Men kan være greit å kjøre en sticky på denne tråden, sånn for de som er nye og ikke vet så mye om kroppen og sånn.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Fortsetter under...

Bra svar i kommentarfeltet:

The first major issue that the article fails to consider is the fact that supine incline ring rows and unweighted single-legged Romanian deadlifts represent insufficient levels of stimulus to make anybody but a rank novice stronger. The ability to adapt to a stimulus is a fundamental part of the definition of life itself, and the stimulus that's most effectively trained in the gym is strength. Not sport practice, not balance on a wobbly surface, strength.

First, one needs to understand what strength actually is. Strength is the ability to apply force against an external resistance. And pushups supply us with a very small external resistance. The bench press can be loaded incrementally, and strength increases can actually be trained. Programmed. Forced to occur. By lifting a little bit more weight each time.

Strength is the most important of the physical adaptations, because so many of them actually depend on strength. Agility, balance, and strength endurance. The movements we use in the gym to get strong should never be selected for how much they resemble the movements we use on the field, but rather for their ability to make the muscles and the nervous system capable of applying more force. We practice our sport at sports practice, not on a Bosu ball or aerobic stepper.

The squat is perhaps the best exercise of all for building strength, due to its use of the majority of the body's muscle mass to move a significantly heavy weight over a very long effective ROM. Properly performed squats are an ACL/PCL neutral event, because the hamstrings oppose the quads' pull on the tibias, and the forces on the knee are equalized. Further, the properly performed squat will actually strengthen the knees and the back and is therefore the best thing one can do to prevent injury of the joints, in no small part because the loading of the spine and movement through a normal anatomical movement will also result in stronger bones and connective tissue.

The deadlift, also, when properly performed is not only safe for our backs, but makes our backs capable of surviving the kind of forces that happen when we don't have total control. The collision on the soccer field, for instance. Or putting an odd object in the back of a pickup truck.

However our bodies need to move on the field, or in the laundromat, or while carrying the groceries in the car, the stronger person will be able to do so with more force than the weaker person. Everyone benefits from being stronger. And the best way to do that, and to actually PRESERVE the joints, the skeleton, and even our immune systems and insulin regulation mechanisms is to load the normal human movements. And the best tool for that is still the barbell, loaded incrementally to make the lifter strong.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Veldig bra svar til en veldig dårlig artikkel. Svaret lukter Rip/SS lang vei, og riktig nok så har forfatteren av innlegget nettopp blitt sertifisert SS-coach. Bra de sprer slik god info i kommentarfelt, det trengs.

Jeg syntes jeg kunne lukte Texas av det svaret ja, godt det ikke bare var meg^^

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Annonse

Bli med i samtalen

Du kan publisere innhold nå og registrere deg senere. Hvis du har en konto, logg inn nå for å poste med kontoen din.

Gjest
Skriv svar til emnet...

×   Du har limt inn tekst med formatering.   Lim inn uten formatering i stedet

Du kan kun bruke opp til 75 smilefjes.

×   Lenken din har blitt bygget inn på siden automatisk.   Vis som en ordinær lenke i stedet

×   Tidligere tekst har blitt gjenopprettet.   Tøm tekstverktøy

×   Du kan ikke lime inn bilder direkte. Last opp eller legg inn bilder fra URL.

Laster...
  • Opprett ny...