Gå til innhold

Knebøy, slippe "spennet" når man er nede?

Knugen

Anbefalte innlegg

Fortsetter under...

Annonse

Innlegget der dette er nemnd: MyRevolution – Børge Fagerli | Pulling the trigger on stretching

A tangential note is from back in the days when I tried Power Factor Training by Sisco and Little (google it). Yeah, it was pretty much useless for most intents and purposes, as the ROM was just too short for most exercises and didn’t really reach my definition of the optimal length-tension part of the ROM – so let me state upfront that I don’t recommend it. For squats, though, I remember increasing the load in what was basically a half squat from 200kg for about 15 reps to 300kg and 25 reps over a period of a couple of months. My legs have never grown faster or been as big before. In later years training for powerlifting I got up to about 260kg for a single and only managed to hurt my hips and my back, with smaller legs to boot. I don’t have the best structure for the lift so squats have always been my nemesis, but I’ve recently started cutting off depth again and poundages are now going up by leaps and bounds. Yeah, I know it’s not “hardcore” or that I will ever win (or compete) in a powerlifting contest, but frankly I don’t give a damn, my body ain’t getting any younger and having struggled through a LOT of injuries and pains throughout the years I think I’ll do it my way for now. Oh, and it seemed to work just fine for Charlie Francis’ and his sprinters – Ben Johnson regularly lifted 280kg/620lbs in half squats at a bodyweight of 90kg/200lbs. Drug-charges aside, and a whole lot of controversy I won’t get into here (read Speed Trap if you’re interested) he’s still considered one of the fastest men on earth.

If you can do a proper bodyweight squat, below parallel and without rounding your back, go ahead and do squats – you have the needed mobility and most likely a suitable structure. A vast majority of lifters either need extensive mobility work, alterations in technique, or to drop deep squats altogether.

Ein kan vel ikkje seie at Børge anbefaler kvartbøy, men at han fekk gode resultat av halvbøy.

Uansett kor langt ned du går, alltid opprettheld spennet. Kjem du ikkje under parallell eller ATG utan å sleppe spennet så må du jobbe med mobilitet.

Lenke til kommentar
Del på andre sider

Bli med i samtalen

Du kan publisere innhold nå og registrere deg senere. Hvis du har en konto, logg inn nå for å poste med kontoen din.

Gjest
Skriv svar til emnet...

×   Du har limt inn tekst med formatering.   Lim inn uten formatering i stedet

Du kan kun bruke opp til 75 smilefjes.

×   Lenken din har blitt bygget inn på siden automatisk.   Vis som en ordinær lenke i stedet

×   Tidligere tekst har blitt gjenopprettet.   Tøm tekstverktøy

×   Du kan ikke lime inn bilder direkte. Last opp eller legg inn bilder fra URL.

Laster...
  • Opprett ny...